Recently I spoke in a Medical Tourism Congress in Malaysia. It was a well attended conference with top industry leaders as speakers. I have brought a few points from there to share with you. Hope you will find them useful.
• Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok treats about 400,000 foreign patients in a year! Compare this to the entire country of Singapore [410,000] Malaysia [350,000] or India [150,000] and you will know the volume of business they handle.
• Amongst the top seven hospitals for foreign patients listed by Forbes in 2007, only one Indian hospital finds a place. This is Escorts Heart Institute in Delhi.
• According to WHO India is ranked 112th in the world in terms of health systems performance! In the 191 countries list, France is ranked 1st and USA is ranked 37th .
• There are about 50 million uninsured americans. The average yearly income of an uninsured american is $50000.
• 120 million Americans do not have dental insurance.
• 25% of doctors in USA are foreign trained.
• The medical tourism market will grow to $40 billion by 2010.
Michael Horowitz, MD, MBA is a leading expert in the field of Medical Tourism. Me and him are jointly offering our services to Indian hospitals who are looking to excel in the international patients space. Please feel free to contact me for furter details.
Healthcare Marketing Consultant
STEADY GROWTH.HEALTHY PROFITS